From my office in Las Vegas, the Miley Law Firm, P.C. offers high-level criminal defense representation for Nevadans facing allegations from prosecutors and police.
For more than 20 years, I’ve advised individuals on state and federal matters and developed the skills and experience necessary to challenge authorities. Whether you’re charged with a felony or misdemeanor, I am determined to protect your rights and avoid unjust punishment.
ESTABLISHED FIRM HANDLES A FULL RANGE OF MISDEMEANORS AND FELONY CASES
In both state and federal prosecutions, I am an accomplished advocate who advocates on behalf of Nevada clients who are accused of criminal misconduct, including:
- Drug crimes — Don’t be misled into thinking that the legalization of marijuana or the “Sin City” reputation of Las Vegas equals a lax attitude toward drug crimes. Possession of other controlled substances or an improper amount of pot is a felony charge. My firm pursues fair results in matters stemming from accusations of trafficking, distribution, possession and driving while impaired by drugs.
- Theft — When someone is accused of theft, I conduct a detailed investigation to determine what occurred and support any potential defense that could defeat the case against them, such as alibi, mistake or justification.
- White collar offenses — Prosecutions brought in connection with purported embezzlement, fraud and other misconduct referred to generally as white collar crime can be difficult to litigate. From the start, I will marshal the relevant information and bring in subject matter experts when necessary to deliver the strongest defense possible.
- Weapons charges — Firearms and other weapons require safe handling and adherence to state and federal laws that are sometimes complex. If you have been arrested because you lack a concealed carry permit or some other required authorization, my firm will battle to safeguard your rights and achieve a favorable result. Likewise, I assist people who are facing increased penalties because a gun or some other weapon was associated with an alleged crime involving actual or threatened violence.
- Sex crimes — Individuals who are being prosecuted for a sexual offense risk not only serious prison time but also damage to their reputation and inclusion within the Nevada Sex Offender Registry. These cases often hinge on different accounts of what occurred, so retaining a skillful litigator who can find the truth and make a strong argument is crucial.
A mistake at any stage of the criminal justice process might be costly and impossible to correct. My firm represents individuals during police questioning and other investigatory phases so that they don’t surrender their fundamental rights. From there, I press for dismissals and favorable bail terms when appropriate. If the case persists, my firm works to determine if a plea agreement in exchange for a reduced sentence is a suitable option. Should trial offer the best opportunity to secure a just result, I am an experienced and effective trial advocate.
DEDICATED ADVOCATE REPRESENTS MOTORISTS ACCUSED OF DUI
Many people arrested on a driving the under the influence charge just want the situation to go away and are willing to give up their right to challenge the allegations brought against them. Even if the outcome of your breathalyzer or blood test shows a result consistent with DUI, authorities might not have a strong case against you.
No matter how difficult the circumstances might seem, I will examine the facts of the situation to find out if a legally insufficient stop, tainted test result or some other flaw can help you avoid unjust penalties such as license suspension and incarceration.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED LAS VEGAS CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER FOR A CONSULTATION
The Miley Law Firm, P.C. in Las Vegas advocates on behalf of individuals accused of crimes in Nevada. If you have been arrested and require assistance, please call 702-850-3600 or contact me online to learn about your rights.