Ending a marriage is usually difficult and painful for each side. For many, the couple attempt to work together to split their assets and belongings. But sometimes things go south, and there are divorce stories that seem too crazy to believe. When divorce attorneys were asked to share some of the most insane stories, they did not disappoint.
- A Japanese woman asked for a divorce after her husband told her that he “didn’t care for” the popular children’s film Frozen.
- A woman found out her husband was cheating due to their chatty pet parrot. The bird gave her clues when it started saying things like “divorce”, “I love you” and “be patient.” When the woman filed for divorce with a lawyer, she took the parrot with her.
- “One couple spent hours arguing over who would get the groceries that were in their fridge at home. The groceries were valued at $40, but two hours of my time, opposing counsel time, and mediator time added up to about $1,000. All for a Costco sized jar of peanut butter!”
- “I had a case where the estranged wife was calling my client’s employer repeatedly, accusing him of theft and other white-collar crimes, [in an attempt] to get my client fired. The thing is, the children were with her, and she was also demanding child support. Which is based on his income. For the job from which she was trying to get him fired. (Fortunately, the employer was onto her BS and my client wasn’t let go.)”
- A man was upset that his division of assets was 50/50 after the wife’s lawyer found all his offshore money stashes. To get her back, the man demanded half the dog. Not a joint custody, but the demand that the dog be put to sleep, cremated and it’s ashes split 50/50. The man burned through thousands of dollars in legal fees just to make her cry.
Here at Miley Law, we specialize in divorce and its proceedings. A Las Vegas divorce may seem easy, but any divorce can be complicated and stressful, depending on your circumstances. Having an experienced Las Vegas divorce attorney on your side is essential. The skilled family law attorneys at Miley Law have handled hundreds of Las Vegas divorce cases and are available to fight for you today. To contact us for aconsultation, visit our website or call 702-942-0600.